Colorado draws cannabis aficionados from all around the world. Colorado tourism does not promote cannabis as one of the reasons for tourists to visit. According to a study, marijuana laws has influenced 49% of summer vacation decisions. Interested travelers wish to get a peek at the legal recreational ‘pot shops’.
Before Colorado, Denver was not a tourist attraction but today the place has turned into a popular destination. According to tour agencies, they book thousands of hotel rooms each month.
Valuable planning tips to Colorado cannabis vacation
Understand the laws
Recreational marijuana is legal in this land but toking everywhere or anywhere is not allowed. A general rule is to indulge in private. At some point, if you got caught, there is no concern about going to prison but it leads to huge penalty. Private events are recommended because it eliminates the risk and anxiety.
Smoke at your hotel
Book accommodation at 420 friendly hotels online, in advance. However, all hotels don’t allow cannabis smoking but secretly there are many who have specific arrangements with tour agencies. They rent their hotel rooms to travelers on precise conditions like a discreet policy or open their smoking rooms for cannabis travelers.
Sign up tours
Tours take travelers to exclusive but limited access areas, which you would otherwise not get a chance to visit. There are variety of tours, which brings you behind scenes comprising of dispensaries and growing of weeds. However, you need to be 21 years to participate.
Themed tours are –
- Cannabis friendly cooking course, where participants get to learn ways to infuse edibles when they toke in legal ambiance.
- In winter, you can plan 2 days cannabis touring followed by 2 days boarding or skiing in the mountains.
- In summer, enjoy your marijuana and get high but make sure to abstain before joining activities like zip-lining or hiking.
- Enjoy a puff & paint like in wine party but with cannabis.
- Book specialty packages, where a private SUV picks guests and drives them directly to a dispensary and shop. Guest are allowed to smoke in the SUV, while getting transported to their hotel.
- In food truck night tours, guests gather at a specific food truck and from they are taken to grow and finally at some local comedy show. Party bus gets parked outside, so guests can return and enjoy their private space toking.
- Relax with cannabis massage at luxury spas.
Start slowly and allow your body to ease. Keep yourself hydrated. Avoid devouring tons right away. Be cautious, until you identify your tolerance level. In Colorado, people can experience altitude sickness because it is geographically situated on height. Your body is already under stress before you start indulging in the weeds. So, take care and use cannabis cautiously.
On April 20th Colorado experiences the busiest time. You can see hard core crowd or least respectful participants, which can damage your experience. So, tour agencies recommend to stay away during this time.