Traveling is certainly fulfilling, but it isn’t always very cheap. If you’re planning to road trip around the west coast in an RV rental, you’ll find that there are a lot of expenses to be aware of. Yet, you still want to enjoy your trip as much as possible.
If you’re planning on putting Los Angeles on your RV rental road trip, you’ll find that it is a pricey city. The good news is that Los Angeles has a lot of great things that you can do for free. You don’t want to miss out on enjoying a visit to this iconic city, so consider highlighting these free activities, so you can cut down on the cost of your trip yet enjoy as much as possible.
- Visit Griffith Observatory. Griffith Observatory is probably a building that you’ve seen many times on shows and movies and with good reason. First of all, if you’ve been searching for a place with a view, this is a fabulous destination for capturing those amazing pictures of the city. It’s also a great destination for those who love to look at the stars. With plenty of tours and exhibits, as well as viewing the sky with amazing telescopes, it’s a fun destination, whether you go for the view or for the observatory itself.
- Check out Santa Monica Pier and Beach. If you’re looking for an Instagram worthy spot, look no further than the Santa Monica Pier and Beach. Not only will you find a lot to do and see, like cafes and some time at the beach, but if you visit at sunset, you’ll be rewarded with a great view and the perfect backdrop for a beautiful picture. If you like fishing, you’ll be pleasantly surprised that you can actually go fishing at the Santa Monica Pier.
- Hang out at Venice Beach. You’ve probably seen Venice Beach in several movies and it’s really as iconic as it looks, in real life. From the active individuals skating and running along the promenade to the beach goers soaking up the sun, there is a lot going on and you’ll want to have a part of it. Best of all, it’s free to hang out on the beach, so if you’re a budget traveler, there’s nothing stopping you from having a relaxing time in Los Angeles, without you having to spend your savings.
- Go to the Getty Center. If you like art and you love incredible city views, you can get the best of both worlds by visiting the Getty Center. The incredible architecture, the art collections and exhibits, and the great spots for picture taking are all reasons why a visit to the Getty Center is worth your time. A cultural experience, in more ways than one, if you’re looking to get a good feel of art in Los Angeles without having to spend a lot of money, this should be on your list of places to see while in the city. The art center has some permanent pieces, temporary exhibitions, and special events, so check out what’s going on before you visit the center, so you can take advantage of any activities going on during your visit.
- Get some exercise at the Runyon Canyon Park. Just because you’re on vacation, you don’t have to put your running routine on the back burner. In fact, Los Angeles has a number of great spots for runners. If you want to go somewhere that you won’t have to spend a dime on to get views of the city and trails perfect for exploring, head on up to Runyon Canyon Park. If you’re hoping for some good views of Hollywood, this is the park for you. For local hikers, Runyon Canyon Park is one of the best spots for exploring—just be aware that a lot of people like hiking around here, so you’ll need to be okay with sharing the trail with other happy travelers and locals.
Budget-travelers, you don’t have to feel like you won’t be able to have a good time if you don’t have huge savings designated for your trip. Fortunately, the U.S. has some great cities with several things to do for free and Los Angeles just happens to be one of them.
For the outdoorsman or woman, you’ll find that you are the lucky ones. Most outdoor activities and destinations are free, so if you’re all about hiking or lounging at the beach, or swimming in the ocean, Los Angeles is full of all of these wonderful things.
Pack up your RV rental and start heading towards this Californian destination that many know and love. Whether you’re traveling on a budget or not, you can be sure that there is plenty to do and see.